The Walnut Backgammon set is a very high quality top of the range backgammon set.
Handmade in Greece, the playing surface is made of walnut veneer and the set is supplied with 30 beautiful 36mm mother of pearl resin playing counters.
The Walnut Backgammon set folds easily in half and is secured with 2 polished brass fasteners
The Walnut Backgammon Set Includes:
- Foldable walnut playing board with 24 light and dark contrasting points.
- Size of open board 18 x 20 x 1.5 inches (47 x 50 x 3.5cm).
- Size of closed board 18 x 10 x 3 inches (47 x 25.5 x 7cm).
- 30 x 36mm light and dark mother of pearl resin counters (15 of each colour)).
- 4 x 12mm dice (2 red and 2 white).
- 1 x 16mm doubling dice.
- Bag for storing checkers and dice.
- Weight of set 3kg.
The Ancient game of backgammon is one of the oldest board games that we know of. Early versions of the game have been discovered in the ruins of Pompei and buried with the ancient Pharaohs.
Over the years backgammon has undergone many modifications to become the game that we know and love today. With a family of variants, backgammon is played in countries across the world.
While as with any board game luck and chance can play a defining roll, backgammon is a game of strategy and skill. The playing pieces are moved according to the roll of a die. It is a contest between 2 players, who race to remove all of their pieces from the board.